Houston Premises Liability Lawyer
Premises & Products Liability Attorneys Houston
Premises Liability Attorneys In Houston TX
Premises liability is the responsibility that a property owner has for personal injury incidences that happen on their property. This means that property owners must maintain their property to certain standard conditions for anyone who visits that property. This includes ensuring that the grounds surrounding the area, stairwells, and even sidewalks do not have hazards that may cause injury.
The most common injuries that often occur on premises are slip and fall accidents. You should talk to a Houston premises liability lawyer if you got injured in a poorly maintained property.
Understanding Premises Liability
TX Premises Liability Attorneys
Whether or not you can sue a property owner when you get injured on their premises depends on what type of visitor you are. Premises liability guidelines show the following types of visitors:
- Licensee: This visitor enters a premise with the owner’s permission. The owner is only expected to warn a licensee about hazards but does not have to remove those hazards.
- Invitee: An invitee can get into a premise because they were invited directly or indirectly to enter the premises. But the owner of the property has the responsibility to take all precautions and remove all hazards to prevent the invitee from getting injured.
- Trespasser: This is a person that has not been invited and does not have permission from the property owner to enter the premises. This means that the property owner does not have a duty of care for the trespasser. But if it was no clear signage warning people not to enter the property, the trespasser can still get compensation if an experienced personal injury lawyer represents them.
No Two Premise Liability Cases Are Alike
Slip And Fall Lawyer Houston
Most premise liability cases are unique because the circumstances leading to an injury vary in nature. An experienced and knowledgeable premise liability lawyer in Houston can help you get physical and financial recovery effectively.
Some common slip and fall accidents include:
- Being hit by falling debris or objects
- Getting injured on broken elevators or broken staircases
- Poor lighting
- Lack of warning signs or notices for hazardous conditions
- Icy walks or passages
- Debris or liquid spills
You need a lawyer that can help you push the property owner to take personal responsibility for the unsafe conditions that led to your injuries. Your lawyer will investigate the accident to gather evidence through security camera footage, witness statements, and more. All this evidence will help in creating a solid case that will help you get the compensation you deserve.
Serious Premises Liability Injuries
TX Premises Lawyers
Slip and fall accidents are not just about getting a bruised knee or a sprained wrist. Sometimes premises owners are also held responsible for injuries caused by armed robbers or even sexual assaults that occur on their premises. This is because property owners are expected to provide adequate security to prevent such incidences.
But there are also cases where a slip or a fall causes a person to break their bones or get serious brain or spinal cord injuries. If you have been injured in a slip-and-fall accident, you should speak to an experienced premises liability lawyer to help you file a claim for damages.
Find Houston Premises Liability Lawyers Near Me