Chris Douglas is a trusted attorney and advisor to businesses and creators. His practice focuses on entertainment law, trademark law, and business law.
Before he became an entertainment lawyer, he was a music festival producer and promoter. His entertainment law practice is built on that inside knowledge of how the entertainment business works.
His clients range from musicians, bloggers, business start-ups, live music festivals, music venues, film and television producers, circus performers, and circuses. Chris not only provides transactional services for his clients but will also litigate to protect his clients’ rights.
Chris is an Austin, Texas native who earned his Bachelor of Science at Texas A&M University and law degree at South Texas College of Law, Houston. Currently, Chris is a licensed attorney in the State of Texas and runs his own law practice in Austin, Texas.
- Music and entertainment law, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts and agreements, and other matters in many genres with performing artists, event producers, booking agencies, managers, and record producers.
- Negotiating licensing and rights agreements.
- Representing individual artists and creators, including musicians, songwriters, filmmakers, screenwriters, and circus performers.
- Representing entertainment businesses such concert and event production companies and venues.
- Business law, including counseling and formation services for start-up entities, and drafting related documents.
- Registering and defending trademarks.
- Litigation services in suits involving business disputes, land use, and intellectual property.
- Law Offices of Chris Douglas
- MehaffyWeber, P.C.
- Brazil & Dunn, LLP
- Wright & Greenhill, P.C.